Nimbula Director is an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) software for building self-service public, private, and hybrid clouds.
Nimbula Director offers the greatest scale and operational efficiency in its class and has the most robust and flexible multi-tenancy and security model. Nimbula Director also has the best solution for geographically dispersed clouds and for delivering true hybrid cloud.
Our customers use Nimbula Director for
- Software development and testing by diverse and distributed teams
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) Hosting
- HPC, batch processing and analytics and elastic Hadoop
- General purpose private/hybrid cloud
- Building a public cloud and providing Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) services, similar to Amazon EC2
Nimbula has joined the OpenStack community and the OpenStack Foundation with the goals of transforming Nimbula Director into the most enterprise ready, scalable, reliable, and flexible OpenStack distribution while also contributing meaningfully back to the project and community.
The first step in this journey will be to as quickly as possible provide OpenStack APIs over today’s Nimbula Director so that customers can as quickly as possible have an enterprise ready private cloud product that can be managed with all the tools, processes, and 3rd party integrations that have been put together for OpenStack.
After this first step, there will be three more areas of collaboration with the community
- Nimbula will work with the community to identify core IP that can make OpenStack more reliable, scalable, and manageable and contribute that code to the project.
- Nimbula will incorporate some core OpenStack code over time as this will further tie us into the community and will eliminate duplicate efforts.
- Nimbula will deliver some Nimbula functionality as OpenStack extensions that would work with Nimbula Director as well as with other compliant OpenStack distributions.